Township residents pay Real Estate Property taxes to 3 taxing authorities - Schuylkill Township, Phoenixville Area School District, and Chester County. Only township property taxes are collected by the Township Tax Collector.
Schuylkill Township’s Real Estate Tax is 3.0 mills.
All Schuylkill Township real estate tax payments should be made payable to “Schuylkill Township.”
Important Annual Dates to Remember
- March 1st - Schuylkill Township Real Estate Tax Bills Mailed
- April 30th - End of the discount period - Payment before April 30th equals a 2% reduction from the face value of taxes owed
- June 30th - End of face value period - Payment after June 30th incurs a 10% penalty added to the face value of taxes owed
- December 31st - Real estate taxes due - Properties with outstanding tax bills after December 31st will incur a lien
Escrowed Property Taxes
If your property taxes are escrowed with your mortgage company, it is your responsibility to forward the tax bill to your mortgage company to pay on your behalf.
Failure to Receive Bill
Failure to receive a bill does not relieve the taxpayer from payment responsibility. Contact the tax collector if you do not receive your bill by the end of March.
Incorrect mailing addresses cannot be changed by the township tax collector. You must submit a Tax Bill Change of Address Form to Chester County.
If you feel your property assessment is too high, you may contact the Chester County Assessment Office to appeal the assessment.
- Tax Certification Fee - $20 made payable to “Aaron Kern, Tax Collector”
- Tax Cert requests must be submitted five business days prior to settlement/closing. A Tax Cert request made less than five business days in advance is not guaranteed to be completed and returned to the requester before the closing/settlement date.
- Duplicate Bill Fee - $5 made payable to “Aaron Kern, Tax Collector”
- Other Tax Documents - $25 made payable to “Aaron Kern, Tax Collector”
Earned Income & Local Services Taxes
The Earned Income Tax (EIT) and Local Services Tax (LST) are collected by Keystone Collections Group for all taxing authorities within Chester County, including Schuylkill Township.
Miscellaneous Local Taxes
Chester County and the Phoenixville Area School District also send out real estate tax bills. Information on those taxes is available on the websites of each.
Download and view tax forms.